Starr Schwinn, School Principal
Grades: 3rd - 8th
Welcome to another year of school! I am so excited to be working with your children. I have been a teacher since 2001. I have a Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, watching children grow & learn, and walking with my two small mixed terriers, Daisy & Cider. Also, I am married 18+ years to a wonderful man.
- Learning is a process involving the mind, body and spirit.
- Children want to learn.
- Children need time for exploring, experimenting and practicing new skills.
- That practiced classroom routines and procedures not only save time, but also, limit discipline issues.
- In having respect for one another.
- Children can teach each other.
- In using multiple teaching strategies (one-to-one, small groups, cooperative learning) to reach each learning type.
- In teaching basic skills through standards.
- In giving specific praise to children for their hard work and best efforts.
- Children must feel safe to learn best.
- Once physical and emotional needs are met, then children can reach their fullest potential in the classroom.
- Children learn through what teachers model.
- I can provide the means, equipment, and skills to help children become lifelong learners.
Lesson Plans for the current week: